Hope with laughter – Baphumelele Children’s Home
In 2016 we hosted our first night of comedy event the Hope with Laughter show. This show featured some comedic heavy weights such as; Yaaseen Barnes, Carl Weber, Phil De Lange, Stuart Cairns and Head-lining, Kagiso KG Modagi.
This event was hosted in aid of Baphumelele Childrens Home.
Baphumelele runs upliftment and community projects aimed at providing much needed help to the dire community of Khayelitsha. Among these projects are:
- A children’s home, which provides a safe haven for 110 orphaned and abandoned children,
- An educare centre,
- A Soup kitchen,
- The Child Headed Homes project,
- Hospice in homes project,
- A respite care centre, proving care for patients affected by with HIV and TB,
- Clemens Care for kids, a respite care centre which caters for amoungst others HIV infected children
- The Fountain of Hope project, a former farm in Philippi, a place for young adults to stay, whilst being educated for the challenges of life ahead.
We managed to raise R27 000 to aid Mama Rosie in her quest to help vulnerable children in need.